Sunday, January 6, 2013

Man Card: Suspended

Today we decided to go visit the National Aquarium in Baltimore, so we drove from DC to check it out. I was extremely embarrassed when I realized both the Ravens' and the Redskins' playoff games were home games today, and the route I picked went right past both stadiums. We were lucky that we didn't get stuck in traffic, but I can't believe I lost track of the playoff games - bad Mark, very bad.

The aquarium was cool. My wife and I were trying to pick our favorite parts. She liked the dolphins the best: not exactly a shocker. In fact, she said she'd like to be a dolphin trainer some day, BUT she doesn't have a degree in a biology-related field, and apparently employers can be sortof picky about that background check stuff. I think my favorite part was when we were watching an animal handler describe a blue-tongued skink (lizard) and the handler asked the children an arm's length away what the skink eats. I mumbled, "Children?" but I'm pretty sure none of the kids heard me. The odd and impressive variety of poisonous frogs they had were cool too.

Work's good.

(This post written while listening to R.E.M. South Central Rain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment