Saturday, July 14, 2012

I'm in!

I got The Call from DC yesterday afternoon, followed by the official employment appointment e-mail!  Followed by some significant celebration while re-reading page 15 of the 2012 ACEC presentation and playing with a world map app.  This is freakin' awesome.  (Except that I don't think it's cool to say "awesome" anymore.  It might not be cool to say cool either.  W/e.)  The training class will start on Monday, September 10th, followed by my initial post in Washington D.C.

While I'm insanely excited about the change, I must say that I can't help having regrets about leaving my company.  I've worked with them for 15 years, and I've worked with one client for over 10 years.  This is the only job change I've ever pursued because the experience has been so good.  My company has been incredibly supportive of my Foreign Service pursuit...almost _too_ supportive (just kidding).  It'll be tough to leave, but I'll obviously try to make the transition as smooth as possible.

The e-mail indicates I have 3 days to accept the employment appointment or I will be considered to have declined the offer.  The e-mail includes the phrase "Please review the salary determination Standard Operating Procedure 134B..." - I suppose I'll be adapting quickly to this jargon in the near future.  My acceptance response has to include an updated resume along with other information so I guess I'd better get to it.

Surreal.  But fortunately, real.  And I do feel very fortunate, including about getting almost two months' notice.  The next two months are going to be very busy.  Time to get the house on the market and learn as much as possible about relocating (me, my wife, and our two dogs) to D.C.  More to come!

(This post written while listening to LMFAO Sexy and I Know It.)

No comments:

Post a Comment