Sunday, July 15, 2012

T minus 57 days

We're already caught up in the whirlwind of change and it's only been two days.  It's exciting...until it gets too exciting and then it's scary...which gets exciting...until...

I think we're almost over the initial shock now.  I'm incredibly appreciative of getting about two months' notice.  It'll give us time to get rid of 21 years of possessions we've accumulated in Colorado that we won't need or want in our new life.  Well, "new life" is a bit extreme - it's not like we'll get issued Witness Relocation Program hats.  But odds are we won't need a pool table.  (If you're interested in a pool table, let me know.)

The biggest questions/issues we've identified at this point are:
- How long will it take for our house to sell (which will determine when my wife can come out to DC with me, which will affect shipping our stuff, which will...you get the idea).
- What we'll do for long-term housing because of our two dogs.  Let alone not knowing whether we'll be in DC for one year or two, and not knowing in which building(s) I'll work, among other things.

We're still pouring through the State documentation trying to make sense of it all: at this point we're mostly referring to the Career Candidate Guide they gave me after the interview and It's Your Move.

Alright time to get back to work on the house.  This might be the most fun I've had doing housework ever though.

(This post written while listening to Prince Let's Go Crazy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment