Sunday, September 16, 2012

End of orientation Week 1

The first week has been very exciting. I don't think I had a lot of expectations, I just went into it with an open mind and it's been great. Experiencing Main State, meeting the other people starting orientation at the same time - I don't think I can provide a lot of detail, but it's all been very cool.

The first week's excitement was also tempered by the week's embassy and consulate events; obviously the Benghazi attack was particularly significant. One of our orientation class teachers forwarded this article for our consideration, which I found very interesting. Rather than ranting for pages, I'll just say this: I'm very much looking forward to supporting our diplomatic staff in their positions around the world, now more than ever.

Sorry to keep it short this week, but I'm still trying to get a sense for what's acceptable to share, AND I should probably get some sleep soon too.

(This post written while listening to two snoring dogs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment